Kendall Rogers at Perfect Game reports that the Pittsburgh Pirates are expected to sign eighth round pick Kevin Ross. Rogers says that the University of Michigan, where Ross has a commitment, doesn’t expect Ross to attend school. The slot price for Ross is $138,200. He’s a prep shortstop, so there’s a possibility that he could command an over-slot deal.
Pirates Expected to Sign Eighth Rounder Kevin Ross
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Thriving
- Breaking Down the Pirates’ 2021 Year-End Payroll
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- Card of the Day: 1953 Topps Mike Sandlock
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 17th, Pirates Win the 1971 and 1979 World Series
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 16th, Pirates Win Their First World Series Championship
- Card of the Day: 1985 Donruss Brian Harper
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title