Bill Brink and Rob Biertempfel are reporting that the Pirates have avoided arbitration with reliever Chris Resop, signing him to a one-year deal worth $850,000. Resop posted a 4.39 ERA last year in 69.2 innings in 2011. He has struck out 104 and walked 40 in 88.2 innings since joining the Pirates in August, 2010.
Pirates, Resop avoid arbitration
- New Pirates Prospects: What to Expect From Kyle Nicolas and Connor Scott
- Pittsburgh Pirates Third Base Prospects: The Ke’Bryan Hayes Failsafes
- Winter Leagues: Another Big Night for Tsung-Che Cheng
- Winter Leagues: Tsung-Che Cheng Doubles Twice, Drives in Three Runs
- Winter Leagues: A Recap of Friday Night’s Action