The Pittsburgh Pirates have released their 2011 Spring Training Schedule, which can be downloaded here.
The Pirates are scheduled to open their 2011 Grapefruit League season against the American League East Champion
Tampa Bay Rays in Port Charlotte on Saturday, February 26. The Pirates will then host the Rays the following
day in their spring training Home Opener at McKechnie Field on Sunday, February 27 at 1:05 p.m.
For the fourth straight year, the Pirates are scheduled to play a night game at McKechnie Field when they host the
Baltimore Orioles on Thursday, March 10 at 7:05 p.m. The game will mark the second year in a row that the Pirates
have played the Orioles under the lights at McKechnie Field.
Other highlights of the 2011 home schedule include:
* One game against the New York Yankees (Tuesday, March 1)
* Two games against the Boston Red Sox (Sunday, March 13 and Saturday, March 19)
* Two games against the N.L. East Champion Philadelphia Phillies (Friday, March 4 and Saturday, March 12)
* Three games against the A.L. East Champion Tampa Bay Rays (Sunday, February 27, Monday, March 7, and
Sunday, March 27)
* The annual charity game against SCF (Friday, February 25)