I spent some time this evening searching for a specific Neal Huntington interview from last season. Along the way, I came across a different interview that Huntington did with Rocco DeMaro near the end of the year. I found it very interesting, as I usually do when Huntington talks baseball, so I figured I would share. The Pirates GM touches on his overall track record, specifically Jason Bay, Salomon Torres and Ronald Belisario. He also discusses learning on the job, the team’s 2009 draft strategy, scouting changes, the second half collapse and Miguel Sano. Enjoy.
Archived Neal Huntington interview
- Prospect Watch: Greensboro Take the Loss, Will Play for Championship on Tuesday in Game Five
- Prospect Roundtable: Henry Davis or Oneil Cruz as the Pirates’ Top Prospect?
- Prospect Watch: Greensboro Moves Within One Game of Title; Indianapolis Scores 17 Runs
- Prospect Watch: Indianapolis Gets Bombed in the Day’s Only Action
- Prospect Watch: Bradenton Wins League Title; Priester Helps Greensboro to Victory
- Game Recap: Pirates’ Waiver Wonders Bombed, But Have No Fear, the End is Near
- Daily Pirates Discussion: September 27, 2021
- Game Recap: Kranick, Tucker Lead Pirates Over Phillies
- First Pitch: What Would a 20-80 Scale Look Like For General Managers?
- Daily Pirates Discussion: September 26, 2021; Bednar Returns
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: September 27th, Pirates Clinch Their Third Straight Division Title
- Card of the Day: 1956 Topps Dick Hall
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History, September 26th, First (Unofficial) No-Hitter
- Card of the Day: 1992 Topps Steve Buechele
- Card of the Day: 1982 Fleer Dale Berra