Good morning from Osceola County Stadium in Kissimmee, Florida.
- The Pirates will face the Houston Astros at 1:05 PM. Right-hander Brad Lincoln will face lefty J.A. Happ.
- Following Lincoln in relief are Evan Meek, Jared Hughes and Chris Leroux.
- Lincoln will be making his first start of the spring, third appearance. His last outing came on Sunday in a B game against the Minnesota Twins in Fort Myers. He tossed three scoreless frames with a walk and a strikeout. Lincoln has allowed four runs on six hits over 2.0 innings during Grapefruit League action this spring.
- Pirates lineup vs. Astros:
- Pirates extras on travel roster:
Pitchers: Ryan Beckman (minors), Jose Diaz (minors), Michael Dubee (minors), Zach Foster (minors), Daniel Moskos
Catchers: Ryan Hornback (minors), Michael McKenry
Infielders: Kelson Brown (minors), Jarek Cunningham (minors), Nick Evans, Matt Hague, Garrett Jones, Gift Ngoepe (minors)
Outfielders: Evan Chambers (minors), Wesley Freeman (minors), Daniel Grovatt (minors)
- Orioles lineup vs. Pirates: J.B Shuck 8, Jed Lowrie 6, J.D. Martinez 7, Carlos Lee 3, Brian Bogusevic 9, Chris Snyder 2, Brett Wallace 5, Jose Altuve 4, J.A. Happ 1
- The Pirates will face the Baltimore Orioles in Bradenton tomorrow at 7:05 PM. Lefty Erik Bedard will start for the Bucs against righty Tommy Hunter. Juan Cruz, Tony Watson and Jason Grilli are expected to follow in relief.
- Pittsburgh starting pitchers have combined to allow a total of four hits and just one runs in the last two games (11.0).
- Hot Buccos: Clint Barmes has hit safely in five of his last seven games and is hitting .333 (11-for-33) overall this spring; Jake Fox has five hits (two homers) in his last 11 at-bats; Matt Hague has nine hits (three homers) in his last 18 at-bats and leads the team with four home runs; Josh Harrison leads the team with six doubles and a .530 batting average; Garrett Jones and Andrew McCutchen share the team lead with 10 RBI; Daniel Moskos has not been charged with an earned run in his first seven appearances (7.1 innings); Jose Tabata has seven hits in his last 15 at-bats