The Pittsburgh Pirates have released right handed pitcher Blaine Boyer, per the transactions page on the International League web site. The move was to make room for Wyatt Toregas, who was outrighted to AAA. Boyer was signed in April, after being released by the New York Mets for putting up a 10.80 ERA in 6.2 innings in the majors. He didn’t do well in AAA with the Pirates, posting a 13.50 ERA in 8 innings, along with an 8:9 K/BB ratio.
Blaine Boyer Released
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- First Pitch: Which Arbitration Eligible Players Should the Pirates Bring Back?
- First Pitch: The Biggest Small Market Approach From the Boston Red Sox
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title
- Card of the Day: 1995 Donruss Studio Carlos Garcia
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 14th, Al Oliver and Two Big World Series Wins
- Card of the Day: 1993 Topps Outfield Prospects/Midre Cummings
- Card of the Day: 1961 Topps Mazeroski’s Homer Wins It!