After making a somewhat successful spot start yesterday, Brad Lincoln has been sent down to AAA by the Pittsburgh Pirates, and Chris Leroux has been recalled. I talked about Leroux in this morning’s Daily Player Profile, and how he’s basically a new pitcher, with a new arm slot and an effective slider. It should be interesting to see how the new approach translates to the majors.
Chris Leroux Up, Brad Lincoln Down
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- First Pitch: Which Arbitration Eligible Players Should the Pirates Bring Back?
- First Pitch: The Biggest Small Market Approach From the Boston Red Sox
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title
- Card of the Day: 1995 Donruss Studio Carlos Garcia
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 14th, Al Oliver and Two Big World Series Wins
- Card of the Day: 1993 Topps Outfield Prospects/Midre Cummings
- Card of the Day: 1961 Topps Mazeroski’s Homer Wins It!