The Pittsburgh Pirates have activated Jeff Locke from the 15-day disabled list, and have optioned him to Indianapolis. Locke made his final rehab start on Wednesday night, striking out ten batters in six innings in Bradenton. I wrote about how Locke looked during that start. Yesterday I asked whether Locke had a spot in the Pirates’ rotation. At the moment there isn’t a spot open for him, which is why this move isn’t much of a surprise. However, if Wandy Rodriguez continues to struggle, Locke could be one of the challengers for his rotation spot.
Jeff Locke Activated From the DL, Optioned to Triple-A
- Card of the Day: 1963 Topps Jim Pagliaroni
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: December 8th, Busy Day for Big Trades
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: December 7th, The Giant Gee, Don Cardwell and Hal Smith
- Card of the Day: 1966 Topps Don Cardwell
- The Pittsburgh Pirates Career of Hall of Famer Jim Kaat