Orlando Castro has been named the South Atlantic League player of the week for the week of April 29th through May 5th. Castro made one start on May 3rd, throwing six shutout innings with three hits, no walks, and seven strikeouts. On the season Castro has a 1.36 ERA in 33 innings, and a 29:1 K/BB ratio. His game score on Friday was 73, which was the top game score in the Pirates’ system last week, and the eighth highest of the season.
Orlando Castro Named the SAL Player of the Week
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Thriving
- Breaking Down the Pirates’ 2021 Year-End Payroll
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- Card of the Day: 1953 Topps Mike Sandlock
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 17th, Pirates Win the 1971 and 1979 World Series
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 16th, Pirates Win Their First World Series Championship
- Card of the Day: 1985 Donruss Brian Harper
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title