Baseball America released their latest minor league transactions yesterday. The update included the news that the Pittsburgh Pirates signed Miles Durham. Durham spent seven years in the Pirates’ system, before being released last year. He went to the Independent leagues and hit for a .249/.299/.404 line in 193 at-bats. I’ve confirmed that Durham is returning to the Pirates as a player/coach. In the past few years I don’t recall many situations where player/coaches actually played. The only times I can remember were when the Pirates were facing some depth problems at a certain position due to injuries.
Minor Moves: Pirates Bring Back Miles Durham
- Card of the Day: 1971 Topps Dave Cash
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 18th, Pirates Trade Cash for Brett
- Card of the Day: 1953 Topps Mike Sandlock
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 17th, Pirates Win the 1971 and 1979 World Series
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 16th, Pirates Win Their First World Series Championship