According to the Dallas Baptist University Twitter account, right-handed pitcher Victor Black will be heading to the Arizona Fall League to join the Scottsdale Scorpions. Black had a big year this year, posting a 1.65 ERA in 60 innings in relief, with a 12.8 K/9 and a 4.4 BB/9 ratio. He’s dealt with injuries the previous two seasons, but was completely healthy this year, flashing upper 90s velocity with his fastball. He carried that over to the Fall Instructional League today, hitting 99 MPH to close out the game for the Pirates against the Toronto minor leaguers.
Victor Black Headed to the Arizona Fall League
- First Pitch: Major League Baseball is Broken
- First Pitch: Do Small Market Fans Really Care About These Remaining MLB Playoff Teams?
- Arizona Fall League Preview: Pirates Have a Talented Group, Though One Prospect Drops Out
- First Pitch: Which Arbitration Eligible Players Should the Pirates Bring Back?
- First Pitch: The Biggest Small Market Approach From the Boston Red Sox
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 15th, Pirates Win Their Second Title
- Card of the Day: 1995 Donruss Studio Carlos Garcia
- This Date in Pittsburgh Pirates History: October 14th, Al Oliver and Two Big World Series Wins
- Card of the Day: 1993 Topps Outfield Prospects/Midre Cummings
- Card of the Day: 1961 Topps Mazeroski’s Homer Wins It!